Theatre For One: Here We Are is a live digital theatrical experience that brings together one actor and one audience member featuring eight new micro-plays which speak to these times we are in. Here We Are is commissioned by Arts Brookfield with additional support from Thomas M. Neff.
Featured playwrights, directors and performers: Candis C. Jones, Carmelita Tropicana, DeLanna Studi, Eisa Davis, Jaclyn Backhaus, Lydia R. Diamond, Lynn Nottage, Mahira Kakkar, Nikkole Salter, Patrice Bell, Rebecca Martinez, Regina Taylor, Russell G. Jones, Shyla Lefner, Stacey Rose, Tamilla Woodard, Taylor Reynolds, Tiffany Nichole Greene, and Zuleyma Guevara
Performance Schedule & Tickets:
- DATES: Thursdays; August 20 – October 29
- TIME: Each reservation will last 15-30 minutes and are scheduled between 6 – 7:30pm EST.
- TICKETS: Free tickets are released on Mondays at 10AM EST before each Thursday performance. You must sign up in advance and will see one of the eight plays.
- ONLINE: The performance is completely online. You will need a computer with a working webcam and microphone. Google Chrome is highly recommended
- RATING: Content of micro plays range from a rating of PG to R, based on language
While Theatre for One: Here We Are is inspired by the pandemic; the 100th Anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment; and the Black Lives Matter, We See You WAT, and other movements fighting racism, the Here We Are writers have contributed works that span a spectrum of ideas and points of view. Theatre For One elevates a vibrant chorus of voices creating deeply personal works that resonate in this shared moment.
Theatre For One: Here We are is part of Brookfield Place’s #BFPLatHome Programming
Artistic Director and Creator: Christine Jones
Co-Artistic Director: Jenny Koons
Platform Programming and Design: OpenEndedGroup — Marc Downie and Paul Kaiser
Produced by Octopus Theatricals — Mara Isaacs, Executive/Creative Producer
Costume Design by Hahnji Jang
Lighting Design by Stacey Derosier
Production Supervisor: Bryan Hunt
Production Stage Manager/Tech Consultant: Cherie B. Tay
Artistic Consultants: Srđa Vasiljević and Adam Hyndman
Commissioned by Arts Brookfield
with additional support from Thomas M. Neff